Free Shipping on Orders Over $100
Authorised Australian Dealers
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Lifetime Technical Support
The OP-1 is packed with wondrous features like built-in FM radio and an assignable G-force sensor for motion controlled effects… There’s quite nothing like it.
The unique and award winning design with its colour coded interface makes the OP-1 a synthesizer for everyone.
The four coloured encoders, and the symbols on the keyboard are all designed for easy reading and to make it intuitive and non-technical to control and shape your sounds. so, finally, you don’t have to be an engineer to use a synthesizer.
The vector based graphical user interface is displayed on the brilliant super amoled display running at 60 fps. all graphics run in real-time, so when a modulator is assigned to a synthesizer parameter, you'll see how that specific parameter is animated, telling you exactly what's going on.
The OP-1’s modular architecture enables endless sound possibilities without making the workflow complicated or distracting. The compact design and real physical interface makes it inspiring to create music, no matter who you are or how experienced you are.
The OP-1 features 10 synthesizer engines and eight high quality effects and multiple routable LFO’s, so you'll never hit the wall when it comes to creativity or finding the right sound for the job. Add to this the unique built-in sequencers and you'll understand why so many highly regarded producers and artists hold this little machine so dear.
In controller mode, OP-1 turns in to a fully blown MIDI controller, with access to transport (play/stop, rec, rewind and forward, a two octave keyboard with four endless encoders as well as a sound module that can be controlled from virtually any external software.
Record anything you create with the 4-track tape feature. Match the tape speed to the sequencer tempo for some really nice overdubbing or change tape speed while recording. Record backwards in real time and easily switch to the 4 channel mixer and add some punch with the built in EQ and compressor.
When you connect the Teenage Engineering OP-1 to a computer using the included USB cable, the OP-1 shows up as a MIDI controller or a storage device. If storage device is selected, just drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. All 4 tape tracks are available as well as the drum and synthesizer samples.
The OP-1 is ready for you to tweak or add creativity directly into your DAW.
No additional software or drivers required… Plug and play.
- 9 unique synthesizer engines
- 5 unique sequencers
- Built-in mic and FM radio
- Controller mode
- 2 built-in samplers
- 24 keys
- Instant tape editing
- 4-track tape
- 4 channel mixer, including EQ, 7 stereo effects and a compressor
Check out this more in-depth rundown of some of the OP-1's capabilities:
- Synthesis - The OP-1 comes with 10 unique synthesizer engines, all instantly accessible with the sound selection keys. The synthesis palette ranges from physically modelled string synthesis to frequency modulation. The DNA synthesis is modelled on a machines individually unique ID which makes every OP-1 sound slightly different from another. The synthesis section also includes a selection of exchangeable LFO's, and effects.
- Instant sampler - Sampling is instant with the two built-in samplers, one for instruments like piano and one dedicated for percussion sounds and drum kits that automatically splits a recorded sound and lays it out on the 24 keys. The OP-1 also comes pre-loaded with great kits and instruments, and if you you want to create your own sample library, just sample anything using the built-in microphone or line in. It's never been easier, quicker or more creative to sample.
- 4-track tape - Anything you play, sequence or tweak you are able to record on the built in 4-track tape feature. Match the tape speed to the sequencer clock for nice overdubbing with pitch changes, all in sync. change tape speed while recording, or even record backwards in real-time. Adding the optional crank accessory turns the tape into a hand cranked tape recorder.
- Mixer and effects - Add effects and texture to your sounds with the 4 channel mixer, including EQ, 7 stereo effects and a compressor. Individual levels and pan controls for all four tape tracks. Finalise your mix in the master out panel. In mixer mode you also have the option to solo and mute tracks with the push of a button or to add punch-in tape tricks for live performance.
- Sequencers - One of the OP-1's strongest features is its sequencers. Instead of having one sequencer that handles everything, there's six unique sequencers doing only one task each. There's the tombola sequencer for random trig (enter notes in the tombola and every time a note hits the wall it is played. The harder a note hits the wall, the louder it plays). Then there's the sketch sequencer that lets you draw notes freely with the knobs.
- Built-in mic and FM radio - The OP-1 has three sound inputs; the built-in mic, a 3.5 mm line in and a built-in fm radio. Besides sound, all these three inputs can be used as input values in the element modulator, letting you modulate any synth or effect parameter from the sound input. The fm radio is also a great source of inspiration when you are travelling abroad and want to sample local radio stations or music. Finally, there's a useful out-to-in function letting you do a mix-down when in tape mode.
- Controller mode - Pressing the com button turns the OP-1 into a versatile midi controller with control change options, a two octave keyboard and four knobs. If selecting disk mode when in com mode, the OP-1 turns into a storage device, letting you drag and drop .aiff audio files to it or drag the complete tape with it's 4 tracks as separated individual audio files from it to your computer where you can do final tweaks in your DAW software.
- Instant tape editing - With cut / lift, drop and split, it's easy to edit your recorded material. The feeling of turning a knob to scrub through the tape and press split is a unique experience unmatched by mouse and keyboard or touch devices. This physical input and feedback makes using the OP-1 more intuitive and natural than more complex systems, and helps you focus on more important things like making music and being creative.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
This is our standard shipping, and it's completely FREE if your order totals $100 or more!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.