With best-in-class SPL performance, sophisticated DSP processing, and unrivalled low-frequency sound reproduction, the DZR12 realizes a truly professional sound delivered with a level of power that belies its compact, lightweight design.
The 12" LF driver and 2" tweeter are housed in a durable plywood cabinet, which has a variety of rigging options for a very flexible setup and speaker placement.
Power and Performance, Seamlessly Integrated.
The Yamaha DZR12 offers superb clarity and best-in-class SPL levels. This high performance, 2 way active bi-amped speaker boasts a 2,000-watt Class D amplifier delivering astonishing power, a massive 39 Hz–20 kHz frequency range, and is suitable for a wide variety of applications.
On board, sophisticated DSP processing ensures you get high-resolution sound with minimal latency, while optimised presets and an easy to use menu control with LCD display make dialling in the perfect settings a breeze.
As a powered PA speaker, you can be sure that the Yamaha DZR12 integrates with your system - no matter how it's set up. In fact, the DZR12 can also operate extremely effectively as a stage monitor, due to the built in wedge angle.
The DZR12 employs a lightweight, yet durable, plywood cabinet with a premium-grade polyurea coating.
Features at a Glance:
- 2-way powered loudspeaker with a 2” HF and a 12" LF
- Maximum 139 dB SPL and 39 Hz-20 kHz frequency range is ideal for today's professional audio demands
- High power 2000 watt Class-D amplifier module
- 96 kHz DSP and FIR filter for true high-resolution sound with super low latency
- Features Advanced FIR-X tuning, the combination of FIR filtering and correct EQ for minimising phase distortion
- Access a variety of DSP functions and load presets, or make precise adjustments to PEQ, delay and routing etc. via the intuitive LCD display
- D-Contour and highly reliable protection circuits
- Floor monitoring setting enables mirroring configuration
- Lightweight yet very durable plywood cabinet with premium grade Polyurea coating
Advanced FIR-X Tuning
96 kHz DSP processors help focus the considerable power output of the DZR12 into truly high-resolution sound with super-low latency.
Yamaha’s newly developed Advanced FIR-X tuning improves significantly on their proprietary FIR-X tuning technology, which utilises linear phase FIR filters for the crossover network and correct EQ.
Using FIR filters, Yamaha are able to realise very smooth frequency response for stunning clarity and sound imaging without phase distortion. Accurate EQ filtering is also provided for pinpoint adjustment to realise ideal clarity and best-in-class SPL without signal degradation.
An onboard LCD screen allows users to easily navigate the variety of DSP functions, load presets, and make precise adjustments to PEQ, delay, and routing.
You can store up to 8 user presets to save your own parameter adjustments, or use the optimised dedicated factory presets for using DZR and DXS XLF Series in combination.
Users can even transfer saved settings to a USB flash drive, all with complete ease.
D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that ensures your DZR12’s sound stays consistent and clear no matter how hard you drive it.
By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and applying the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the highest output levels maintain outstanding clarity and musicality.
A perfect complement to the DZR12’s versatile cabinet design, D-CONTOUR provides two different settings, FOH/MAIN or MONITOR mode, offering more detailed tuning of your sound relative to your PA’s configuration.
FOH/MAIN mode boosts the lower frequencies to compensate for low end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications or mounted on a speaker stand.
MONITOR mode is optimised for floor monitoring application by taming down problematic low frequencies that can be enhanced by floor reflection, and smoothing a wide range of frequencies to deliver the clarity professionals demand from their stage monitors.
Both of these presets were perfected by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers to ensure consistent sound with low distortion at any output level.
DSP protection functions for maximum output and component longevity
One of the advantages of active loudspeakers is that the combination of transducers and amplifiers can be perfectly matched and optimised for the best possible performance. During the development of the DZR and DXS XLF Series, we measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amplifier output to set optimal limiter points for each model using precise DSP control.
Employing many of the same protection functions used in our high-end professional power amplifiers, our state-of-the-art DSP consistently monitors the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, transducers, and signal levels, to protect each component in order to maintain optimum performance while extending component life and usability.
High power 2000W Class-D amplification
The all new, highly efficient Class-D amplification module produces best-in-class 2000 watts of power and an impressive 139 dB SPL.
A universal switching mode power supply with PFC to maximises power output while ensuring stable and worry-free operation.
The amplifiers were selected and optimised to match the full-range DZR12’s high and low frequency transducers.
Custom Designed Drivers
The Yamaha DZR12 is loaded with custom designed drivers that sound amazing.
It's high-frequency compression driver includes a 2-inch voice coil and 1-inch throat compression driver, a titanium diaphragm, and neodymium magnet housed in a heat-resistant aluminium-cast frame.
It's low-frequency woofer uses a large 3-inch voice coil, cast-aluminium frame, and powerful, yet lightweight, neodymium magnet to handle the massive low end that the DZR12 delivers.
The DZR12 is more than just brute power, however. It's low-end response is tightly controlled, especially in the mid-bass and vocal range, assuring crystal-clear sound reproduction at all volume levels!
Smart design that suits any application
The Yamaha DZR12 integrates with any configuration, thanks to it's flexible and well thought out design.
It features a rotatable horn that allows vertical or horizontal mounting, so you can use this for a FOH speaker as well as horizontally like a monitor or even an installation.
The DZR12's horn has a 90 x 60 degree dispersion from a vertical position. This horn also provides smooth, level coverage, due to it's constant directivity — an innovative design minimises the roll-off that conventional horns often produce.
- 2-way powered loudspeaker with 2" HF and 12" LF drivers
- Boasts a high-power 2,000-watt Class D amplifier and 39 Hz–20 kHz frequency range
- Advanced FIR-X tuning employs a combination of FIR filtering and corrective EQ to minimise phase distortion
- D-Contour is an intelligent multiband compressor that maintains clarity at high output levels
- FOH/MAIN and MONITOR modes allow you to fine-tune your sound based on your application
- DSP protection safeguards your power supply, power amplifiers, and transducers against damage
- Optimised factory presets and intuitive LCD screen make operation easy
- Great-sounding, custom-designed transducers
- Rotatable horn allows vertical or horizontal mounting
- 90 x 60 degree dispersion from a vertical position
- Constant directivity horn supplies smooth, level coverage without roll-off
- Universal switching mode power supply offers maximum power, along with stable, worry-free operation
- Lightweight, yet durable, plywood cabinet with a premium-grade polyurea coating
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- Channels: 2
- LF Driver Size: 12" Cone, 3" Voice Coil with Neodymium Magnet
- HF Driver Size: 2" HF Compression Driver, 1" Throat
- LF Driver Power Amp: 1000 watts peak, 920 watts continuous
- HF Driver Power Amp: 1000 watts peak, 380 watts continuous
- Total Power: 2000 watts Class D peak, 1300 watts continuous
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (line in)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru/output)
- USB: 1 x Type A
- Frequency Range: 39 Hz-20 khz (-10 dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8 kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 139 dB SPL @ 1 m
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90 Degrees
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 60 Degrees
- Signal Processing: PEQ, Delay, Routing, 8 User Presets
- Enclosure Material: Plywood Cabinet with Polyurea Coating
- Mounting Options: Pole: 2 x 1.37" (35 mm) socket; Fly: 12 x M10; Floor Wedge
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 64.6 cm
- Width: 41 cm
- Depth: 39.4 cm
- Weight: 21.4 kg
For more information, Click Here to visit the Manufacturer's Website