Or make 4 payments of $224.75 over 8 weeks and get it now!
The Tone Beast is a great mic pre with loads of gain that can effortlessly capture an array of sources very well. With top notch CineMag transformers and multiple discrete signal paths, it's hard to beat its big, bold, fully-professional sound.
Free, Insured Shipping on Orders $100 +
Authorised Australian Dealers
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Lifetime Technical Support
Fast, Free & Insured Delivery*
Australian Stock & Warranty
Expert Advice & Support
Unleash The Beast
The Tone Beast is a great mic pre with loads of gain that can effortlessly capture an array of sources very well. With top notch CineMag transformers and multiple discrete signal paths, it's hard to beat its big, bold, fully-professional sound at its price.
- An amazing preamp that adds the sound of 24 signal paths to your 500 Series rack
- Separate gain and output volume controls let you saturate your circuitry, without overloading your rig
- Selectable input impedance (600 or 150 ohms) offers a dramatic shift in character and response
- Choose between Melcor 1731 and Jensen 918 op amp styles for more or less coloured tone
- Op-amps are 6-pin socketed and swappable with any standard 2520-type op amps for further customisation
- Select tantalum or electrolytic capacitors with the Clean/Vintage switch for even more character variation
- Switchable CineMag 100% steel and %50 nickel output transformers offer highly coloured or mildly coloured sound
- Bypass the transformer section altogether for extremely clean sound
- Additional options include an 80 Hz highpass filter, -20 dB pad, +48V phantom power, and both instrument- and line-level inputs
- LED VU meter lets you monitor your levels
The Tone Beast is a mic pre that likes to be pushed and when pushed will colourise your signal ever so sweetly.
The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the pre into harmonic distortion, the unique character of each of these components becomes apparent. Additionally the Tone Beast is customizable and allows for other opamps to be sourced and easily swapped into the unit.
We've pulled the best tones from this pre right at the saturation point (as loud as we can push the gain before clipping). The output control on the TB12 allows you to limit the signal exiting the preamp even when pushing the gain to really hot levels, giving you maximum control.
Affordable Tone Shaping Mic Preamp
Our goal was to make a microphone preamplifier affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of microphone preamplifier so desirable.
Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.
The TB12 "Tone Beast" 500 is a high-voltage microphone preamplifier, utilising CineMag USA Transformers. Our own reproduction of the legendary original 2520-style discrete opamp found in the classic american consoles of yesteryear.
These op-amps will work in any preamplifier or other device which conforms to the 2520-style footprint and +/-16 voltage standard.
Have no fear of hurting the Beast, you can push it very hard into full-on distortions if you wish, and these can sound quite nice on electric guitar, bass or anything else that likes some nice grit.
When hand building mic pres we learned a bit about the "subtle" differences component choices can make. A little change here, and another there often times became a huge deal in a finished mix, but often times is not very noticeable at first take.
The different component options in the TB12 are subtle, but when driven into saturation are noticeable and can make a big difference to the way your final mix will sound.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
This is our standard shipping, and it's completely FREE if your order totals $100 or more!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.