- Full-range, passive direct box
- Isolation transformer eliminates noise
- Very low harmonic and phase distortion
- Compact and rugged design
- Ideal for live sound and studio.
- Isolated XLR connector eliminates chassis ground potential
- Custom audio transformer on input provides 100% isolation to eliminate hum- and noise-causing ground loops, while maintaining signal integrity.
- Military-spec PC board, with full surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to RF noise
- High-grade switches — long life, high cycle for reliable performance
- 14-gauge steel welded I-beam construction makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board
- -15dB pad reduces the level going in from loud sources that could overload the circuit and cause distortion
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the switches & connectors, indestructible 14-gauge steel construction
- Full no-slip rubber bottom pad provides mechanical isolation, electrical insulation and prevents unit from sliding around
- Balanced male XLR output connector, AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot
- Lift switch lifts the ground to pin-1 on both channels.
- Heavy-duty baked enamel finish for excellent durability
The Radial ProDI is a full range passive direct box.
Active direct boxes employ electronic circuits to change the impedance from hi-Z to lo-Z and balance the signal while Passive DI's employ a simple passive transformer to do the work.
Active DI's require batteries, 48V phantom-power or external power supplies to power their circuits. Passive transformer-equipped direct boxes do not require any power to perform their task.
The advantage of a transformer over typical active circuits can be summarised as "a great device to reduce system noise" in a sound system.
To accomplish the task of noise elimination, the Radial ProDI features a custom Radial transformer and being completely passive, does not require batteries or a power supply.
The heart of the Radial ProDI is a custom wound Radial transformer. It features an exceptionally high 140k input impedance to reduce loading while enabling the ProDI to handle extreme signal levels at all frequencies without distortion.
This is further improved upon with an internal MuMETAL shield to protect against electromagnetic fields that can cause un-shielded transformers to distort.
This compact direct box begins with 14-gauge steel I-beam skeleton for added rigidity and Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around switches and connectors.
Glass filled nylon connectors and high cycle switches combine with the mil-spec PCB and internal RF filtering to provide durability and noise-free performance.
A full bottom no-slip pad provides both mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further protect against the rigours of professional touring.
The ProDI is ideally suited for instruments such as bass guitar, active acoustics, keyboards and just about anything else!
When you consider all of the features and the affordable price tag, it is no wonder the Radial ProDI has become one of the most popular direct boxes ever made.
The Radial ProDI… Spectacular performance at a price that anyone can afford!
This is our standard shipping, and it's completely FREE if your order totals $100 or more!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.