The Onyx Series Producer 2·2 from Mackie is an interface designed to let you record audio to your computer and monitor that audio as well.
With its dual Onyx microphone preamps, combination XLR-1/4" inputs, and 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O, the unit is particularly suitable for singer-songwriters and producers who make use of MIDI instruments and MIDI hardware.
In your own project studio, you'll be able to connect to your monitors by means of the 1/4" jacks located on the rear of the unit.
The interface is relatively lightweight at 1.35 lb and provides a 1/4" headphone output, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Mackie's all-metal chassis hardware design aids in this endeavor, giving you a robust, roadworthy chassis for the circuitry inside.
Should you monitor through headphones, a direct monitor knob is provided, which mitigates any latency as you record your audio. At minimum value, the knob ensures that you hear your direct input from the preamps. At maximum, you'll hear the signal as it's routed through the DAW.
Use the knob to blend between the two extremes if you wish. The unit is designed to connect to your Mac or Windows computer over USB, and is bus-powered by the host computer.
- Analog Circuitry - The Onyx Series Producer delivers high headroom and low noise by means of its analog circuitry, including its Onyx mic preamps.
- 5-Pin DIN MIDI I/O - 2 x 5-pin DIN MIDI jacks are provided: one for accepting MIDI signals, and another for outputting MIDI to compatible devices.
- Direct Monitoring - A true analog monitoring path allows you to hear audio directly from the preamps as you record, so you can eliminate the latency of hearing the audio through your DAW. The knob allows you to blend between direct monitoring and listening off your DAW.
- Bus-Powered - The interface features connectivity over USB 2.0 for fast data transfers and minimal latency. It's also bus-powered through this port, meaning no external power is required. The unit is compatible with Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
- All-Metal Chassis Design - The Onyx Series Producer gives you an all-metal enclosure and heavy-duty potentiometers, as well as a robust internal construction.
- Tracktion T7 Recording Software - Included with the Onyx Series Producer is Tracktion T7, a DAW offering unlimited audio and MIDI tracks. You can record, mix, and share your music easily with this DAW. 16 effects are included for use within the DAW, so you can EQ and compress your signal within your computer.
- Key Features at a Glance:
- Dual Onyx mic preamps
- Combination XLR-TRS combo inputs accept mic, line, and instrument sources
- 1 x Hi-Z switch per channel
- +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- 2x2 interface recording up to 24-bit / 192 kHz
- Zero-latency direct monitoring of analog inputs
- Dedicated 1/4" TRS outputs for connecting studio monitors
- MIDI I/O for connecting synths, controllers and more
- 1/4" headphone output
- Bus-powered for easy mobile recording with no power adapter needed
- USB 2.0 connectivity for fast transfer speed and low latency
- All-metal enclosure design to survive day-to-day abuse
- Tracktion Music Production Software included
- Compatible with all major DAWs on Mac or Windows
This is our standard shipping, and it's completely FREE if your order totals $100 or more!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.