The Onyx Series Artist 1·2 is an interface designed to let you record audio to your computer, and to monitor that audio as well.
With its Onyx microphone preamp, single XLR input, and 1/4" input switchable between line-level signal and Hi-Z instrument impedance, the unit is suitable for singer-songwriters, podcasters, content creators, and others who want a mobile setup for recording their own projects.
In your own project studio, you'll be able to connect to your monitors by means of the 1/4" jacks located on the rear of the unit.
The interface is relatively lightweight at 1.1 lb and provides a 1/4" headphone output, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Mackie's rugged steel chassis hardware design aids in this endeavor, giving you a robust, roadworthy chassis for the circuitry inside.
Should you monitor through headphones, a direct monitor switch is provided, which mitigates any latency as you record your audio.
The unit is designed to connect to your Mac or Windows computer over USB, and is bus-powered by the host computer.
- Analog Circuitry
- The Onyx Series Artist delivers high headroom and low noise by means of its analog circuitry, including its Onyx mic preamp.
- Direct Monitoring
- A true analog monitoring path allows you to hear audio directly from the preamps as you record, so you can eliminate the latency of hearing the audio through your DAW.
- The interface features connectivity over USB 2.0 for fast data transfers and minimal latency. It's also bus-powered through this port, meaning no external power is required. The unit is compatible with Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
- All-Metal Enclosure Design
- The Onyx Series Artist gives you an all-metal enclosure and heavy-duty potentiometers, as well as a robust internal construction.
- Tracktion T7 Recording Software
- Included with the Onyx Series Artist is Tracktion T7, a DAW offering unlimited audio and MIDI tracks. You can record, mix, and share your music easily with this DAW. 16 effects are included for use within the DAW, so you can EQ and compress your signal within your computer.
- Key Features at a Glance
- Onyx mic preamp
- +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- 1/4" TRS input with Hi-Z switch for connecting guitar, bass, and more
- 2x2 interface with recording up to 24-bit / 192 kHz recording
- Zero-latency direct analog monitoring of inputs
- Dedicated 1/4" TRS outputs for connecting studio monitors
- Bus-powered for easy mobile recording
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- All-metal enclosure design to survive day-to-day abuse
- 1/4" headphone output
- Tracktion Music Production Software included
- Compatible with all major DAWs on Mac or Windows
This is our free, standard shipping method so you can keep the price down!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.