With the Lewitt LCT 840, you don't have to hemorrhage cash to get wonderful, vintage-inspired, large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone sound and versatile pro features.
The LCT 840 nails the huge, warm sound of a classic tube condenser mic and serves it up with breathtaking airy detail. It doesn't skimp on features, either.
With five polar patterns, two levels of attenuation, and two switchable highpass filters, the Lewitt LCT 840 is ready for any session, and its robust build quality makes it ideal for your live work as well.
The Lewitt LCT 840 belongs in your mic locker.
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications.
It is equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule and therefore stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound.
The LCT 840 is perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage.
There are five switchable polar patterns, omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid, which makes the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Five consistent directional characteristics – cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broad cardioid and supercardioid – offer maximum flexibility
- Superior dynamic range of 130 dB-A (Tube) and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 840 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminum front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black case; includes PSU 840 power supply unit, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer, externally polarized
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm
- Directional pattern: omni / broad-cardioid / cardioid / super-cardioid / figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), cardioid / 20 mV / Pa (-34 dBV), omni / 23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), figure-8
- Signal / noise ratio: 85 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB-A, cardioid / 10 dB-A, omni (IEC 61672-1) / 9 dB-A, figure-8 (IEC 61672-1)
- Dynamic range of mic. amp.: 130 dB-A
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 139 dB, 0 dB pre-attenuation / 149 dB, 10 dB pre-attenuation / 159 dB, 20 dB pre-attenuation
- Pre-attenuation pad: 10 dB, 20 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB / octave at 40 Hz / 6 dB / octave at 300 Hz
- Rated impedance: < 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: > 1,000 ohms
- Connector: gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 192 mm x 60 mm x 46 mm
- Weight: 662 g
- 1 x LEWITT LCT 840 Tube Microphone
- 1 x LEWITT PSU 840 Power supply unit
- 1 x LEWITT LCT 40 SHxx Shock mount
- 1 x LEWITT LCT 40 Tr Audio cable
- 1 x LEWITT LCT 40 Wxx Windscreen
- 1 x Black Case
This is our standard shipping, and it's completely FREE if your order totals $100 or more!
This option ensures your order is prioritised and sent using one of our courier partners.
For when you need it FAST! If you choose this method, your order will be bumped to the top of the cue and dispatched ASAP via Auspost Express or an Express Courier Service.
To avoid disappointment, please wait for confirmation your order is ready to be picked up before you visit.